Carrot & Ginger Soup (Vegan)
This soup is the ultimate flu remedy packed with vitamins and antioxidants and cold combatting goodies. Now you certainly don’t need to be sick to have this soup (trust me it’s amazing!). I however made this today to help my man who is down and out with a serious case of man flu and i’m not sure if it has helped but it certainly won me some brownie points!! Oh and I should mention this recipe is totally vegan (unless you want to serve it with sour cream).
1 brown onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp coconut oil
500g peeled and roughly chopped carrots
500g peeled and roughly chopped sweet potato
1.5L vegetable stock
1 thumb size knob ginger grated
1/2 thumb size knob turmeric grated
1 tsp curry powder
1 tin light coconut milk
- In a large saucepan heat coconut oil and sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- Add in carrots, sweet potato, veggie stock, ginger, turmeric and curry powder.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 40-50 mins or until vegetables and mushy and cooked through.
- Use a stick blender or place soup into a blender (FYI you will stain your blender a tinge of yellow if you do this, I speak from experience) . Blend until smooth.
- Return to pan and add coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper if required.
Enjoy and I hope you get to enjoy this even when you aren’t sick.
Make sure you share this recipe on your facebook page or tag me on instagram so I can see your re-creations!