Peanut Butter Protein Bars
These are ahhh-mazing! I use wheat-free oats (post on that on the blog tonight / tomorrow FYI) but if you wanted you could use quinoa flakes instead.
1 1/2 cups oats – blended into a powder
3/4 cup quinoa puffs or brown rice puffs
1/2 cup whey protein isolate (or any unflavoured protein)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp natvia sweetener
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup cacao powder
coconut for top
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, puffs and protein.
- In a separate bowl combine peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute until liquid and stir to combine. Stir through natvia/stevia sweetener and cacao powder.
- Combine chocolate mixture with dry mixture and stir well until evenly coated. You may need to add a dash of milk at this stage (I used coconut milk).
- Press into the lined baking tray and top with coconut.
- Place into freezer and freeze for at least 1 hour. Store in freezer for best texture 🙂