2 weetbix crushed (GF works just fine)
1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup rolled oats or quinoa flakes for GF
2 cups chopped dried fruit – I used apricots, figs and goji berries
2 cups chopped nuts – I used pistachios, macadamias, pecans and also some pepitas
1/3 cup almond milk
2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line (lining is important – I didn’t and it was a bit of a sticky failure) a slice baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the fruit, nuts, almond meal, oats, weetbix and baking powder until combined.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir well until combined.
- Place into prepared baking tray and pat down so the top is nice and smooth.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from tin and cutting.