Gluten Free Rissoles
A friend of mine was telling me a story recently and it involved her mentioning her mum was mid-making rissoles, now I’ve completely forgotten what the story was but the rissoles stuck! I thought to myself (great listener I am !!) I don’t think i’ve had rissoles since I was about 10 at my grandmas house. I remember they were always such a delicious but basic meal. So thought I would give them a whirl for my meal prep this week and holy dooley am I glad I did. How can something so basic be so good. I think we sometimes get so caught up in trying to make fancy things we forget the simple stuff!
This recipe made me 12 decent size rissoles of which I’ve been having two with salad and veggies for my meals. Super satisfying! These will definitely be making a regular appearance on the menu at my place.
1 onion diced
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 carrots grated
1 zucchini grated
500g lean beef mince
3/4 cup wholegrain gluten free (or regular if you can eat it) bread crumbs
1 tbsp parsley chopped
1 tbsp djion mustard
1 tbsp tomato sauce
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fry onion and garlic with a splash of oil in a fry pan for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini and carrot and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well (best to get your hands messy here).
- Roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side in a fry pan over medium heat.
- Serve with salad or veggies.
YUMMM! Show me your creations by tagging me on instagram @fitfoodandsoul