Healthy Cheesecake Bars (GF)
So these came about because I have been OBSESSED with ricotta cheese lately – it is amazing mixed with some vanilla bean paste and a drizzle of honey. So I decided why not make it into a healthy slice instead of eating it out of the tub haha. Very different to your raw cheezecakes and I stand by that they are much healthier, much less calories, much higher in protein and calcium than raw cheezecakes plus actually tastes like baked cheesecake – because it is!! Gluten free and high in protein! Killer combo!
For the base:
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup desicated coconut
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 egg white
dash of water for extra moisture
For the cheesecake:
250g extra light cream cheese
250g light ricotta cheese
170g plain fat free greek yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 tbsp stevia
2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Combine all the ingredients for the base into a bowl and mix well, add extra water or milk to get to moist consistency if required. Press base into bottom of the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and remove from oven.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl combine all the cheesecake ingredients aside from the blueberries. Stir well until combined.
- Gently fold through blueberries keeping a handful aside to put on top the the slice.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over the base and top with remaining berries. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until golden on top and just set.
- Allow to cool in oven with door slightly ajar. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to cool for 4 hours.
- Slice and serve