Yet another amazing, healthy recipe using Rokeby Farms High Protein quark. Who would have know yoghurt could be so versatile!! I made a slight variation of the traditional moussaka, just cause whyyy not!?
This recipe serves 4-6 depending on how hungry you are, I served it with a side salad cause veggies are life but feel free to serve it with whatever tickles your fancy.
2 large eggplants halved lengthways
500g lean mince lamb or use lentils for vego option
2 tbsp tomato paste
400g tinned crushed tomatoes
1 onion finely diced
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp dried rosemary or oregano
For the Yoghurt topping:
50g goats cheese feta
25g parmesan grated
170g natural Rokeby Farms quark yoghurt
Salt + Pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Place halved eggplants on tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into oven for ~20 minute or until tender.
- Meanwhile prepare mince but sautéing onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add mince and cook until browned. Add remaining mince ingredients and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove eggplant from oven and scoop out insides of the eggplant. Leave some around the skin so the skin doesn’t fall apart. I found I needed to use a paper towel to also dab out any excess moisture at this point too.
- Place the eggplant flesh (is that the right word?! haha) into the lamb mince mixture. You may wish to dice it up before you mix it through.
- In a separate bowl whisk together yoghurt ingredients until well combined.
- Fill the now empty eggplant boats with lamb mixture and top with yoghurt mixture. Return to oven and turn heat up to 220 degrees celsius (or alternatively you could place under the grill). Cook until yoghurt mixture has gone golden brown on top.
ENJOY !! Don’t forget to tag me @fitfoodandsoul any time you recreate my recipes!! I love seeing what you guys cook 🙂