Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (GF)
I swear i’m not that much of a pancake freak but they seem to be dominating the breakfast recipes at the moment. Time to make some more savoury recipes soon!! Anyway these are amazing, as you’d expect haha. I have become a bit of a ricotta fiend lately, the stuff is amazing so trying to incorporate it into heaps of recipes ENJOY xx
1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
3 eggs separated
3/4 cup milk
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup GF self raising flour
1 tbsp sugar or stevia
1 pinch of salt
Strawberries and banana for serving.
- Whisk egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually mix in sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg yolks, vanilla, ricotta and lemon zest until well combined.
- Sift flour, into mixture and salt into ricotta mixture. Gently fold through eggs whites until just combined.
- Heat a pan and add butter to grease. Cook pancakes
- Serve with strawbs, nana and lemon juice.
Note: This mixture is very different to your traditional pancakes – it is very fluffy haha!