Life Changing Loaf (GF, V)
Okay so a confession, I have no idea why people call this a “life changing loaf” but to be fair I haven’t had a slice of it yet and I must admit it smells AMAZING. One of the key steps to creating a loaf like this is to allow it to cool completely before slicing otherwise it will fall into a typical gluten free crumbly mess. So that brings me to where I am sitting here waiting for it to cool with the smell of bread wafting through my house. Boyyyy have I missed the smell of fresh bread, admittedly, it doesn’t smell the same as a fresh white gluten filled loaf but it must be the next best thing.
There are a few ingredients in this recipe but please don’t let it put you off. It is super simple and works for both sweet and savoury toppings. It is gluten free, dairy free, yeast free, soy free ect ect ect and has stacks of fibre if you need to get those bowels happening (ewwww) and on that note.. Here is the recipe!
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pepitas
1/2 cup flaxseeds / linseeds
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1 1/2 cups quinoa flakes (you can also use rolled oats)
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 tbsp psyllium husks
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine all wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir together wet and dry ingredients and mix until everything is soaked and the mixture becomes thick.
- Spoon mixture into a flexible silicon loaf pan (FYI these are amazing – if you don’t have one, get one!). Smooth out the top of the loaf with the back of a spoon.
- Allow to rest on bench for 2 hours until mixture has thickened and solidified enough that when you move away the sides of the silicon pan the loaf retains its shape.
- Place loaf in preheated oven and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove loaf from silicon loaf pan and place on a baking tray. Return to oven for a further 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool COMPLETELY (ughh.. I know!) before slicing.
- Serve with sweet or savoury toppings 😉
Don’t forget to tag me @fitfoodandsoul in any of your pics on insta xo