Pumpkin & Spinach Muffins (GF)
These pumpkin and spinach muffins are baking in my oven as we speak and oh my god do they smell fab! You could really mix it up here and use whatever vegetables you have. I am sure sweet potato would work wonderfully too! These are a one bowl wonder and perfect for a healthy (and savoury) alternative at a work morning tea.
1 1/2 cups cubed pumpkin, roasted
2 cups baby spinach, chopped
3/4 cup semi dried tomatoes, chopped
150g feta cheese, crumbled
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup GF self raising flour
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius. If you haven’t already, roast the cubed pumpkin for 15-20 minutes or until just cooked (if they are too overcooked they will turn into mush when mixing into the muffins).
- Line a muffin tray with muffin papers.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Divide evenly among 12 muffin papers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.