1 tbsp olive oil
½ medium onion diced
1 clove garlic
½ capsicum diced
800g crushed tinned tomato
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
pinch cayenne pepper
- Heat a deep pan on medium, add oil and diced onion. Sautee for 2-3 minuntes until the onion softens. Add the garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add the capsicum to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until capsicum is soft.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and spices to the pan and stir until well combined. Add salt and pepper if required.
- Crack the eggs on top of the tomato mixture one at a time. Cover the pan and allow the pan to simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced slightly. If you like your eggs super runny just watch the pan and turn off heat when cooked to your liking.
- If you can eat bread (poor me!) then I’d highly recommend dipping some crusty bread into this one.